Overhead Sled Pull
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Calves, Middle Back, Quads, Hamstrings|
Overhead Sled Pull Instructions
- Attach a double-handle to a sled with a connected rope or chain.
- Holding the handles while facing the sled, step backwards slightly until there is no slack in the rope/chain.
- Stand in a strong, athletic posture: chest up, knees slightly flexed, core braced, glutes engaged, and shoulders pinned back.
- To get into starting position, position your hands directly overhead with your elbows extended.
- Begin by walking backwards as you continue to maintain a stable overhead position and braced core.
- Continue for desired amount of time/steps.
- This is a controlled movement performed deliberately.
- Maintain a strong shoulder position overhead, imagine bringing your armpits forward to create this feeling.
- Do not let your low back arch excessively.