Face Pull Instructions
- Set a cable pulley slightly above your head with either one or two rope handles.
- Feet positioned in an athletic stance slightly outside shoulder-width.
- Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- You will need a strong brace to counterbalance the weight.
- The core and glutes are engaged with your shoulders pinned back and chest up.
- Your spine is neutral with a flat back.
- If needed, place one foot forward for counterbalance.
- Have your triceps parallel to the floor and hold the rope above your head.
- Facing the cable machine, pull the center of the rope towards your face, externally rotating your shoulders and hands.
- Don't let your traps "shrug" upward.
- Your forearms should be vertical at the top of the movement.
- Without losing your shoulder position, return to the starting position.
- As you return the rope, don't lose your strong posture.
- Keep your chest up and do not let your shoulders roll forward.
- You do NOT want the feeling of your upper traps elevating or shrugging.
- Do not arch your back excessively, keep your core tight to combat this.