Concentration Curls Instructions
- Sit on the end of a bench with knees bent and a space between your legs with a dumbbell in front on the floor.
- Hinge at the hip and grip the dumbbell with one arm.
- You will be hinged forward with your arm between your legs throughout the exercise.
- Begin by curling the weight up.
- Feel your biceps shortening and lengthening, controlling the motion from start to finish.
- Once the bicep is fully contracted and the dumbbell reaches roughly shoulder level, lower to the starting position.
- For this movement especially, the eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.