Close Grip Pulldown
|Secondary Muscle(s)||Biceps, Middle Back, Shoulders|
Close Grip Pulldown Instructions
- Select the appropriate weight on the stack of a machine with a wide grip handle bar or smaller straight bar. Adjust the thigh pad to a comfortable, secure setting.
- Standing over the seat with one leg situated on each side, grab the bar with palms facing down and your hands positioned about a foot apart.
- Sit down on the seat with your arms fully lengthened.
- Maintaining a straight back and looking ahead, begin by pulling the bar down and bringing the weight to upper chest level.
- After a brief pause and a good squeeze in your lats, allow the bar to raise back up in a slow, controlled path without letting the weight sit back on the stack.
- Repeat for desired reps.
Close Grip Pulldown Tips
- Refrain from leaning back or "swinging" when pulling the weight down. Your body should be fixed for the duration of the exercise.
- Focus on using solely the back to pull the weight down.