Cable Preacher Curl
Cable Preacher Curl Instructions
- Set a cable machine pulley to the lowest point.
- Place a preacher bench in front of the cable machine.
- Grab the attachment with an underhand grip and get into starting position with the upper arms and chest situated against the padding.
- To start, the bar is roughly shoulder height.
- Lower the bar slowly until your arms are fully extended. Feel your biceps elongating and controlling the motion.
- For this movement especially, the eccentric portion is just as important as the concentric.
- Curl the bar to the starting position using your bicep and no added momentum.
- Your upper arms and body should remain fixed for the whole exercise. Only your forearms should move.
- The muscle used first will be used the most. Momentum will negate the movement.
- The purpose of the preacher curl is to isolate the bicep, negating momentum or other musculature.