|Secondary Muscle(s)||Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings|
Box Jump Instructions
- Stand in front of a box of respectful height. When in doubt, pick a smaller box.
- You are positioned in an athletic stance. Your knees are slightly bent and toes pointed straight ahead.
- The core is braced and engaged. Shoulders are pinned back with your eyes fixated straight ahead.
- Place your feet as if you were about to jump as high as possible.
- In a fluid motion, bend at the knees and hips bringing your arms behind you.
- Explode up onto the box, extending your hips, knees, and ankles while bringing your arms up and forward.
- Land softly on the box in an athletic position:
- Hips back
- Knees bent
- Chest up
- Hand out front
- This is an athletic, rhythmic motion.
- At landing, if you can hear your feet hitting the box, land softer.
- Don't look to jump on the tallest box, instead try to jump as high as you can on a smaller box.