I was always active in the gym (training 5-6 days a week). I loved training but never
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
- Day 1: Chest, tris, cardio and abs
- Day 2: Back, bis, cardio and lower abs
- Day 3: Delts, traps, cardio and abs
- Day 4: Leg day and obliques
- Cardio: 20 minutes on the stairmaster. Each day I would try to go on a higher level.
- Abs: Cable crunches or knee raises (lower abs).
200 grams of carbs and 200 grams of protein (per day) throughout the year. Didn't track fats because I rarely ate fatty foods unless it was peanut butter.
Detail Your Supplement Plan During Your Transformation
- Creatine (5 g) everyday in the morning or post-workout if I forgot to take it in the morning.
- A scoop of whey protein (ON or MTS) post-workout for convenience not because of the "anabolic window."
- Pre-workout. Way too much of it. Just kidding. Never went past one scoop but did have it daily. If I felt dependent, I would take half a scoop for a week and start taking the full scoop when I felt my tolerance went down.
- Fish oil (3) everyday.
I started the year squatting 275 lb and hit 405 lb on December 31 (I bulked all November and December though).
Throughout the whole year I got a lot stronger while losing about a pound per week.
Detail Your Biggest Mistakes
Although I stopped ego lifting a lot, I still sometimes found myself doing it. I also didn't take many before pictures.
3 Biggest Things You Learned During Your Transformation?
- It's not always about the weight you push but lifting heavy with good form will definitely be the best thing.
- Mind muscle connection. I never understood it until this year.
- Leg day is not that bad once you learn to love squatting.
Take a lot of before pictures. My biggest regret is not having that many before pictures.
Do the change for yourself. At the end of the day, nobody will really care about your change as much as YOU. So don't do it to "prove people wrong," or the get girls/guys.
Lastly don't blame genetics lol just work harder.