Life before my transformation was full of disappointment. I wasn't disappointed with what I was achieving in terms of my career, but rather how I let my physical appearance get away from me.
The major turning point for me was going through a divorce. You come to the point of realization where you look at yourself and think, "I wouldn't even want to be with myself."
From that point on I was determined to heal mentally and physically. It just so happened that fitness/bodybuilding was the primary source of comfort and recovery.
What Were Your Major Struggles or Challenges?
The major struggle was definitely the diet. I had the willpower to stay away from the foods that led me to the point of where I was, but I was scared and terrified to eat anything as I thought I would just put the weight back on.
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
Initially when I started I would do 2 a days. Morning cardio at 5:00am - 60 min on stairmaster, and weight training at 5:00pm. Days consisted of the following.
- Monday - Chest
- Tuesday - Arms/Delts
- Wednesday - Legs
- Thursday - Back
- Friday - Chest
- Saturday - 8 week rotation of legs or lagging body part.
Diet at the beginning was non-existent. Like I said above, I was too worried about putting weight back on so I ate little to no food. After about 4 months through the journey is when the diet hit full force.
I used the 40-40-20 ratio:
- 40% protein
- 40% carbs
- 20% fat
Types of foods:
- Carb sources - White rice, brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal
- Protein - Eggs, chicken, cod, salmon, lean ground beef
- Fats - Olive oil, peanut butter
Detail Your Supplement Plan During Your Transformation
At the beginning of the journey I didn't invest much into supplementation. The only supplement I was taking was creatine.
As fitness and bodybuilding started to become my lifestyle, I tried to make the best choices of supplementation that would best help me reach my goals.
- Creatine - Dymatize
- Pre-workout - Cellucor C4
- Protein - Optimum Nutrition Performance Whey
- Recovery - ZMA, Scivation Xtend BCAA's
My major accomplishment when I was officially weighed less than when I graduated high School. Though I weighed less, I actually looked larger than when I graduated.
Detail Your 3 Biggest Mistakes
- Not eating enough
- Expecting fast results
- Adequate sleep
- Changes don't happen over night. But I can guarantee you that if you work hard day in and day out you'll achieve the goal you've set for yourself.
- Bodybuilding is more than just building your physique, it's also building your mind.
- There comes a time when you have to put ego aside.
My final word of advice is why not? The journey throughout the transformation is the best part.
I just want to thank everybody that has supported me throughout my journey. I also want to give Marc a special shout out for having great content on the Tiger Fitness Youtube channel.