Before my transformation I was a shy fat kid who was bullied in school, had asthma and lacked self confidence. I couldn't control what I ate and was always depressed.
On March 21st, 2012, my building elevator was not working so I had to climb ten floors of stairs. I made it to the top but was breathless and crying. That was my turning point. I realized that I need to be healthy because my family will be depending on me in the future.
What Were Your Major Struggles or Challenges?
Detail Your Workout and Cardio Plan During Your Transformation
Cardio 45 minutes every other day on an empty stomach. I followed a push/pull routine and worked out six times a week. Did three exercises for every muscle with three sets to failure.
Detail Your Diet/Eating Plan During Your Transformation
- Morning - Oats and eggs
- Snack - Whey and half pineapple
- Lunch - 100g rice with eggs
- Afternoon - Whey and apple
- Pre-workout - Glutamine, Lipo 6 and carnitine
- Post-workout - Whey and 5 dates
- Dinner - Eggs and salad
I won the under 19 Musclemania in September of 2015. Did you few shirtless fashion shows in college. Got my mom to start lifting weights. Became much healthier mentally and physically.
Detail Your 3 Biggest Mistakes
- Overtraining in the beginning.
- Not eating enough.
- Not doing enough cardio.
- Any progress is progress and patience pays.
- Diet is key. Write down what you eat.
- Inspire people around you. More is not always better and moderation is necessary.
Drink plenty of water. Remember that you are doing this for yourself and no one else. Be happy and optimistic.
Be gratefully and stay humble. Work hard and stay positive.