While it may be too late for you this year, if you follow this training program consistently and with the appropriate intensity you can achieve a freakish physique that will have the Boogyman checking under his bed for you.
Here's what you need to know:
- Training volume is the most important factor in getting you bigger and hitting a muscle one time a week isn't going to cut it. We are going to hit a muscle group 3 times a week to pump up the volume.
- Muscle isn't built in the gym, it's broken. It is your job to give your body every opportunity to rest and recover for the next workout. That means getting enough sleep and dialing in your nutrition and supplementation. If you are eating like a rabbit find another program or start eating like a monster.
- If you want to look like a beast you need to train like a beast. Your workout is not the time to be snapping selfies and monitoring your fantasy football team. Get your mind right and focus on your objective of building some freakish mass.
- The last sets are going to be 1½ reps, drops-sets, mechanical drop-sets, partial reps, or paused reps aka Monster sets to keep the intensity high. Stay consistent with this program and don't make any improvements for at least 8 weeks.
MTS Nutrition Ruckus is the best nitrate-based pre-workout ever. Period. Now in 5 stunning flavors. Order now.
5 Day Workout Routine - 8 Week Monster Training ProgramHere is a sample schedule:
- Day 1 - Upper Body
- Day 2 - Lower Body and Abs
- Day 3 - Upper Body
- Day 4 - Lower Body and Abs
- Day 5 - Bodyweight Full Body
|Upper Body Workout|
|Barbell or T-Bar Row -||4||8-10|
|Incline Bench Press||4||6-8|
|Pull-up or Lat-Pulldown - Drop-set||4||4-6|
|B) Barbell Curl||3||12-20|
Barbell or T-Bar Rows. Paused Reps hold each rep for a two count at the top. Use straps if necessary.
Incline Bench Press. 1½ reps for the last set. Starting at the top lower the bar half way and return to top the lower the bar to the chest. That is one rep, do 6-8.
|Lower Body Workout|
|Hack Squat - 1 1/2 Reps||4||6-8|
|Stiff Leg Deadlift||4||8-10|
|Leg Press - Drop Set||4||8-10|
|Cable Pull Through - Drop Set||4||10-12|
|Calf Raise (Standing or Seated)||4||10-12|
|Ab Wheel or Hanging Leg Raise||3||12-20|
|Upper Body Workout|
|A) Dumbbell Bench Press - Partial Reps||3||12-15|
|B) Dumbbell Row||3||8-10|
|A) Arnold Press||3||8-10|
|B) Dumbbell Pullover||3||12-15|
|A) Dumbbell Shoulder 21's||4||21|
|B) Hammer Curl||3||8-12|
|C) Triceps Extension||3||8-12|
Shoulder 21's. 7 front raises, 7 lateral raises, 7 rear delt raises.
|Lower Body Workout|
|A) Bulgarian Split Squat - 1 ½ Reps||4||8-10|
|B) Single-Leg Deadlift||4||6-8|
|A) Leg Extension - Drop Set||4||12-15|
|B) Leg Curl||4||12-15|
|A) Calf Raise||4||12-15|
|B) Weighted Decline Crunch||3||10-12|
Calf Raise. Paused reps at the top of every rep.
Weighted Decline Crunch. Paused reps at the top.
|Bodyweight Full Body Workout|
|A) Push Ups - Mechanical Drop-Set*||4||15-20|
|B) Walking Lunges||4||50 Steps|
|A) Inverted Rows - Mechanical Drop-Set*||4||12-15|
|B) Hip Bridge||4||30-45 sec hold|
|C) Front Plank||4||30-60 sec|
Workout Routine NotesLoad As specified earlier volume is the most important factor and one very important component of training volume is load (volume = sets x reps x load). Your volume must increase from workout to workout somehow either by adding more reps on your Monster sets or load on your non-monster sets so keep track of your workouts.
Rest days You get to pick which days work best with your schedule and you have the ability to change them based on how you are feeling day to day. Listen to your body.
Monster sets These are to be for the last set of the specified exercises only. Don't get cute here these sets are brutal so ensure that you bring your A-game.
*Mechanical drop-sets are accomplished by changing your body angle.
For pushups begin with your feet elevated then move them down to the floor then bring your hands up on a bench for your final drop.
For the inverted Row use a Smith-machine and begin with the bar height low and move in up a foot or two to make the movement just easy enough to squeeze out a few more reps.