Rx Oils Flax
Supplement Rx uses organic plant-based oils for its source of Omega 3 in this Omega 3, 6, 9 complex supplement. This eliminates the possibility for mercury contamination in your Omega complex supplement. With the use of plant-based omega sources in this formulation, Rx Oils is a great choice for vegetarians to bridge that essential fatty acid (EFA) gap that may exist because of food choices.
The Rx Oils is an important part of your Basic Foundation™ system that also includes the Daily Essentials Multi-Vitamin for Men or the Daily Essentials Multivitamin for Women.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) play a critical role in the workings of a healthy body. Why are they essential? Because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance, so a direct source is required. Taken in the right amounts and ratios,
Rx Oils Flax:
- Increase Energy Performance and Stamina: help build muscle and prevent muscle breakdown, and accelerate fatigue recovery.
- Strengthen Bones: help to prevent osteoporosis by aiding in the transport of minerals that keep bones and teeth strong.
- Promote Healthy Immune System Function: produce eicosanoids that regulate inflammatory and immune responses, lowering inflammation and slowing autoimmune damage (arthritis).
- Aid in Weight Loss: enhance thermogenesis. Recent data also suggests EFAs have been found to block fat producing genes.
- Help Maintain A Healthy Heart: lower high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, inflammation, and formation of clots.
- Speed the Healing Process: form cell membranes and are essential for cell growth and division.
- Enhance Brain Function: are necessary to make serotonin, the neurotransmitter essential to the entire nervous system. Mood and behavior disorders are linked to decreased levels of EFAs.
- Produce Healthy Hair, Soft Skin, and Strong Nails: insufficient amounts of EFAs result in dull hair, dry skin, and brittle nails.
Rx Oils Research
Supplement Rx uses plant-based oils for their omega complex (Rx Oils) to avoid mercury contamination. To find out about widespread mercury contamination in fish, read the article USA Today: Mercury Found in All Fish…
For yet one more reason why Supplement Rx chooses to use an organic plant-based oil over fish oil for its source of Omega-3 in the Rx Oils, read the article "Hold the Salmon: Omega-3 Fatty Acids Linked to Higher Risk of Cancer" on CNN's website.
Rx Oils Key Ingredients
Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3)
- supports cardiovascular health
- studies have found evidence that ALA is related to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease
- stimulates blood circulation
- increases the breakdown of fibrin, a compound involved in clot and scar formation
- reduces blood pressure
- reduces blood triglyceride levels
Linoleic Acid (Omega 6)
- used for energy production and in membrane structures
Oleic Acid (Omega 9)
- used to synthesize certain hormones and hormone- like substances
- provide structure for cell membranes
- support natural growth
- provide energy