Purus Labs Myofeed PB2
“Protein Spiking,” or “Amino Spiking,” has recently become a common deceptive practice throughout the sports supplements industry. In efforts to combat declining profits due to rising raw protein costs, companies are slashing the amount of true, whole protein within their products and replacing with cheap, free-form amino acids such as taurine, glycine, alanine, etc... They get away with this because they exploit a testing loophole whereby using these nitrogen rich amino acids, they fool the benchmark lab tests for protein content. Functionally, this test relies on and measures nitrogen content to determine the amount of protein within a given sample; therefore, deceptively nitrogen-rich free form amino acids will not only register as whole protein gram for gram, but they register as far more protein than this allowing companies to use even LESS protein in their products. They mask these modifications by masquerading like they are adding extra amino acids, when in fact, they are substituting them for the whole protein you are paying for.
Each batch of MyoFeed is not only tested for total protein content, but we go the additional mile and run 20 separate tests to show our loyal followers that our protein does NOT include any free-form amino acids. Our Certificates of Analysis, for each and every batch, are available under Clear Facts for your peace of mind.
Highlights of Myofeed Include:
- Time-Released Nutrients
- 23g of Protein
- Clean Sources
- True to Label
- Infused with PB2!
Myofeed is Formulated With:
- Cold Processed Ultra Filtered Whey Protein Isolate
- Microfiltered Whey Protein Concentrate
- Micellar Casein
- VitaFiber Prebiotic Fiber
- VitaFiber Prebiotic Fiber
- Further refined by more stringent cold filtering, removing more fat and carbohydrates than with whey concentrate, isolate protein more quickly absorbed than most other proteins. This provides an immediate spike in plasma amino acid levels and ushers them to muscles at a rapid pace.
- Rich in BCAA content and boasting one of the highest Biological Values (BV),104, this has long been the benchmark standard for supplemental protein. It is quickly absorbed, not as quickly as isolate though, making them a great stack.
- Non-denatured milk protein, micellar casein has a very slow and sustained digestion/absorption rate compared to that of whey isolate and concentrate. Although it doesn’t have the acute effect on plasma amino acid levels that the other two forms do, its sustained digestion feeds your muscles for longer periods.
- Isomalto-oligosaccharide is a uniquely shelf-stable and gluten free prebiotic fiber. Consuming enough high-quality protein is one thing, but digesting and absorbing the protein is an even more important factor. This highly specialized fiber will encourage digestive health, ensuring the proper stage is set for your protein consumption to be maximally utilized.
- This goes hand-in-hand with our VitaFiber addition as this patented blend of digestive proteases has been shown by researchers that it can triple the rate of protein absorption, double the levels of free form amino acids, and increase nitrogen retention up to 32%. This highly studied enzyme blend will help ensure your protein is broken down, processed and absorbed efficiently and effectively.