Beverly Creatine Select + Beta Alanine | Now on sale at Tigerfitness
New and Even Stronger CREATINE SELECT™
Newly re-formulated CREATINE SELECT™ from Beverly International Nutrition supports the fastest possible improvements in the appearance and performance of your physique by tackling the principal causes of premature muscle fatigue during resistance exercise. These causes most commonly result in a decline in muscle force, shortening velocity and power, all of which CREATINE SELECT™ helps prevent using the most studied, bioavailable and proven form of creatine in the world (discussed below) reinforced by β-alanine, electrolyte-bound phosphates and cinnamon bark extract.
Each ingredient in new CREATINE SELECT™ has been tested and reviewed for purity and carefully balanced for maximum pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic impact. Finally, Beverly’s R&D scientists left no stone unturned in making CREATINE SELECT™ the very best tasting formula of its kind!
CREATINE SELECT™ is worlds apart from any other creatine formula:
· Comprehensive protection from Premature Muscle Fatigue: Anyone who works out has experienced premature muscle fatigue. Scientists describe it as a fall in muscle force, shortening velocity and power. It explains why during a typical set your muscles slow down with each rep that you perform. Ultimately they get so tired that you can’t continue lifting the same load (quantity of weight), and the set comes to an end. By reducing the quality of your pumps and your ability to stimulate protein synthesis and burn calories, premature muscle fatigue negatively affects the outcome of your workouts. For instance, if less protein synthesis is stimulated, then you won’t gain as much muscle mass (if you gain any at all). And the fewer calories you burn during your workout, the harder it is to lose body fat and control your weight. The two key causes of premature muscle fatigue are H+ and Pi. The levels of these substances increase dramatically during high-intensity exercise. Keeping them out of your way is the job of CREATINE SELECT™, which Beverly’s R&D scientists designed using a carefully balanced blend of CrH2O, electrolyte-bound phosphates, β-alanine and cinnamon bark extract.
· CrH2O: Creatine monohydrate (CrH2O) is still the most studied, bioavailable (near 100%) and proven form of creatine studied to date. CREATINE SELECT™ sends millions upon millions of molecules of CrH2O into your muscles moments after you swallow your first serving. When compared to other forms of creatine, CrH2O consistently proves superior. For instance, a 2009 study found that CrH2O was not only more bioavailable than creatine ethyl ester (CrEE), but it also did a better job of increasing intracellular water (hydration). Intracellular hydration is known to be associated with anabolism. CrEE, on the other hand, caused extracellular water retention (unlike what many ads for CrEE claim), a condition which reduces muscle definition and makes you look “smooth”. Extracellular water retention is also associated with catabolism --precisely the opposite of what you want if your goal is to keep your muscle size and strength rather than lose it. And because CrH2O is so cost-effective, CREATINE SELECT™ only costs you a dollar a serving. Yet the results, in terms of potential gains in muscle mass, strength and power are priceless!
· Electrolyte-bound phosphates: Without electrolytes, your muscles couldn’t contract (generate force). Removing electrolytes from a muscle cell is like removing the charge from a battery. But the benefits of electrolyte-bound phosphates go far beyond this. Several years ago Beverly uncovered studies proving that the combination of CrH2O and phosphates produced superior results compared to taking CrH2O alone. For instance, a 2005 study by Eckerson et al. reported that this combination significantly increased anaerobic working capacity by almost 24% in only 2 days and nearly 50% in 6 days. When subjects received CrH2O by itself, in contrast, it failed to significantly increase anaerobic working capacity. Many products contain creatine (though not always CrH2O), but none of them contain CrH2O plus electrolyte-bound phosphates in the proportions found in new CREATINE SELECT™. These specific proportions were chosen based on the research uncovered by Beverly and verified in its own product testing.
· β-Alanine: β-Alanine is a precursor to carnosine. Carnosine is produced naturally by the body and found largely in muscle tissue. Like creatine and phosphates, your muscles can use carnosine to lower levels of H+ and other potential causes of muscle fatigue. This may explain why studies have reported that β-alanine supplementation can produce increases in bench press power (by 15%) and the number of reps performed in the squat exercise (22%) as compared to supplementation with a placebo. Adding phosphates to creatine has already been proven to “super-charge” the latter. Wait until you try the combination of creatine, phosphates and β -alanine!
· Tested and Reviewed for Safety and Purity: Like the rest of Beverly’s formulas, all of the ingredients in new CREATINE SELECT™ have been tested and reviewed for safety and purity. Whenever possible, we use pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. We also strive to use the most cost-effective ones (like CrH2O) so that you don’t have to pay unfair prices to improve your physique and performance in the fastest possible time.
· Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Balance: Each ingredient in new CREATINE SELECT™ is absorbed into your body according to its own unique mechanism of action. The same can be said for how each ingredient goes about protecting you from premature muscle fatigue. In scientific lingo, we say that each ingredient has its own “pharmacokinetic” and “pharmacodynamic” properties, which Beverly’s R&D scientists have carefully balanced for maximum impact.
· Real and Lasting Energy without Stimulants: CREATINE SELECT™ produces real and lasting increases in muscle energy levels, unlike stimulants, which produce an illusion of greater energy that quickly fades, often followed by depression and lethargy. The CrH2O in CREATINE SELECT™ can raise your muscle phosphocreatine levels by up to 40%. Phosphocreatine plays a critical role in the regeneration of ATP during high-intensity exercise. ATP is as real as energy gets. It is the ultimate “energy currency” for your muscle cells and every other cell type in your body. Without ATP, muscle contraction would stop, as would life itself. Furthermore, because CREATINE SELECT™ is entirely free of caffeine and other stimulants, it is easily tolerated no matter what time of day it is taken.
· Immediate insulin sensitivity: By affecting creatine uptake, insulin sensitivity determines how well you respond to CrH2O. To ensure that you respond to each serving of CREATINE SELECT™ as favorably as possible, Beverly added cinnamon bark extract. Cinnamon feeding has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity immediately in healthy humans (not just those with diabetes) and the effects persist for 12 hours.
· “Tastes like Tang”: Beverly’s R&D scientists worked overtime in order to make CREATINE SELECT™ the strongest and best-tasting formula of its kind ever to hit the marketplace. The proprietary flavor system in the new formula underwent numerous rounds of trial and error before being finalized, including varying the amount of annatto oil in the formula. Besides contributing to the amazing taste of this product –one user commented “The new CREATINE SELECT™ tastes like Tang!”—annatto oil has been found to increase the binding of insulin to the insulin receptor in animal studies.
Premature Muscle Fatigue: Get the best (and best-tasting) protection the world has to offer
Everyone suffers from premature muscle fatigue. When your sets come to an end too early, you sacrifice potential gains –gains in muscle mass, strength, power and much more. Increase the amount of weight you can lift and extend the duration of your sets (both in terms of time and number of reps performed) with new CREATINE SELECT™…now the strongest (and best-tasting) it has ever been at fighting the principal causes of premature muscle fatigue during high-intensity exercise!
1. What is new CREATINE SELECT™?
CREATINE SELECT™ supports the fastest possible improvements in the appearance and performance of your physique by tackling the principal causes of premature muscle fatigue during high-intensity exercise. The three most common signs of fatigue are a decline in muscle force, shortening velocity and power, all of which CREATINE SELECT™ helps delay using the most studied, bioavailable (near 100%) and proven form of creatine in the world bolstered by β-alanine, electrolyte-bound phosphates and cinnamon bark extract. Each ingredient has been tested and reviewed for purity and carefully balanced for maximum pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic impact. Finally, Beverly’s R&D scientists left no stone unturned in making CREATINE SELECT™ the very best tasting formula of its kind.
2. Can anyone use new CREATINE SELECT™?
CREATINE SELECT™ is intended for use as a dietary supplement by men and women 18 years of age and older who perform high-intensity exercise in an effort improve their physique and performance. Premature muscle fatigue is a constant threat to anyone who works out with weights (resistance exercise) or performs any other kind of high-intensity exercise such as mixed martial arts, sprinting, interval training, etc.
3. What makes new CREATINE SELECT™ different from other creatine-containing supplements?
a. CrH2O: As with the original formula, new CREATINE SELECT™ contains creatine monohydrate (CrH2O). This is still the world’s most bioavailable (near 100%), proven and cost-effective form of creatine studied to date. CrH2O continues to outperform other forms of creatine in study after study, including CrEE, polyethylene glycosylated creatine, creatine-magnesium chelate and effervescent creatine, among others. Many companies have replaced CrH2O with these other forms of creatine in their supplement formulas and made marketing claims for their superiority, despite scientific evidence to the contrary. This ends up costing consumers their time and money. For instance, a number of supplements contain creatine ethyl ester (CrEE). Studies by Spillane et al. (2009) show that CrH2O not only raises muscle total creatine levels faster than CrEE (in 6 days vs. 27 days), but it also results in lower levels of creatinine, a waste product of creatine. Whereas CrEE raises creatinine levels above the normal range, CrH2O does not. Subjects taking CrEE and performing resistance exercise actually gained fat mass (body fat), while those taking CrH2O lost more than 3 lb of fat. Also, CrEE promoted extracellular water retention (edema) which can reduce muscle definition and is associated with muscle catabolism.
b. Protection from Premature Muscle Fatigue: Premature muscle fatigue is a constant threat to anyone who performs high-intensity exercise. During resistance exercise, for instance, it causes your sets to be terminated early; that is, you reach muscular “failure” sooner. This makes getting a good pump more difficult and otherwise impairs your ability to burn calories and stimulate gains in muscle mass, strength, power and other beneficial adaptations. New CREATINE SELECT™ has been designed to serve as your exclusive defense against premature muscle fatigue by tackling its two principle causes, H+ and Pi. These substances are natural by-products of energy metabolism. The levels of H+ and Pi increase rapidly during high-intensity exercise and are associated with reductions in muscle force, shortening velocity and power. CrH2O, β-alanine and electrolyte-bound phosphates combat H+ and Pi according to their own unique mechanisms of action. Thus, by combining them into one formula, you can experience greater results than if you took any one ingredient alone.
c. Extended Action (“Three Winds”): Perhaps the simplest way to think of new CREATINE SELECT™ is that it provides “three winds” of performance enhancement during your workouts: Besides its rapid effects on total and lean body mass, CrH2O provides the first performance-enhancing “wind”, possibly lasting 3-5 sets, depending on the length of your rest intervals and other factors. The addition of electrolyte-bound phosphates provides a “second wind” that kicks in as the first one begins to fade. The result may be to double your lifting capacity, if not produce even greater results, over the range of, say, 6-12 sets. Users of new CREATINE SELECT™ can now enjoy a “third wind” with the addition of β-alanine. With each of these “winds” carrying your muscles through your workouts in overlapping succession, you can experience a tempestuous boost in performance that more than satisfies even the most advanced athlete throughout his or her entire workout and results in superior gains in muscle mass, strength, power and definition in less time.
d. Immediate Insulin Sensitivity: By affecting creatine uptake, insulin sensitivity determines how well you respond to CrH2O, among other things. To ensure that you respond to each serving of CREATINE SELECT™ as favorably as possible, Beverly’s R&D scientists added cinnamon bark extract. Cinnamon feeding has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity immediately in healthy humans (not just those with diabetes) and the effects persist for 12 hours.
e. “Tastes like Tang”: Taste and color are as important as functionality. Indeed, it’s great that CREATINE SELECT™ works so well, but if you are going to use it every day, you want it to taste and look great, too. Not satisfied with the taste of the original formula, Beverly’s R&D scientists experimented with different proportions of flavoring agents until they arrived at a recipe that is so delicious, one recent user claimed that new CREATINE SELECT™ “tastes like Tang!”
Color is especially important for a powdered drink mix like CREATINE SELECT™. The most powerful formulas aren’t necessarily the most appetizing in appearance when mixed up with water. To give the new CREATINE SELECT™ formula a natural orange tone that would appeal to its users, we varied the amount of annatto oil. Annatto oil comes from the seeds of a small shrub known as Bixa orellana. Annatto oil is rich in carotenoids and, besides displaying antioxidant properties, it has been shown to increase the binding of insulin to the insulin receptor in animal studies.
f. Tested and Reviewed for Safety & Purity: Like the rest of Beverly’s formulas, all of the ingredients in new CREATINE SELECT™ have been tested and reviewed for safety and purity. Whenever possible, we use pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. We also strive to use the most cost-effective ones (like CrH2O) so that you don’t have to pay unfair prices to improve your physique and performance in the fastest possible time.
g. Only $1 per serving: Because Beverly chose to use the most cost-effective (and bioavailable and scientifically proven) form of creatine in the world, we were able to make new CREATINE SELECT™ cost only a dollar a serving.
h. Pharmacokinetically & Pharmacodynamically Balanced: “Pharmacokinetics” refers to what your body does to an ingested substance (e.g. creatine, aspirin, beta-alanine, glucose), including how it is absorbed and excreted. “Pharmacodynamics” refers to what the substance does to your body, including any beneficial outcomes. Because each ingredient in CREATINE SELECT™ has a different chemical structure, it also has its own unique pharmacokinetic and pharmacokinetic properties. As indicated above, for instance, CrH2O, β-alanine and electrolyte-bound phosphates combat H+ and Pi according to their own unique mechanisms of action. Thus, by combining them into one formula, you can enjoy a greater range of potential benefits. Each ingredient in CREATINE SELECT™ has been balanced with the others for maximum pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic impact.
i. Clinically Proven to Work: The three main ingredients in new CREATINE SELECT™ -- CrH2O, β-alanine and electrolyte-bound phosphates—have been proven to provide a variety of benefits in clinical studies involving humans. Importantly, Beverly’s R&D scientists have put sufficient quantities of each ingredient in CREATINE SELECT™ to enable you to achieve these benefits safely and effectively.
j. Real Energy, No “Crash”: New CREATINE SELECT™ produces real and lasting increases in muscle energy levels, unlike stimulants, which produce an illusion of greater energy that quickly fades, often followed by depression and lethargy. The CrH2O in CREATINE SELECT™ can raise your muscle phosphocreatine levels by up to 40%. Phosphocreatine plays a critical role in the regeneration of ATP during high-intensity exercise. ATP is as real as energy gets. It is the ultimate “energy currency” for your muscle cells and every other cell type in your body. Without ATP, muscle contraction would stop, as would life itself. Furthermore, because CREATINE SELECT™ is entirely free of caffeine and other stimulants, it is easily tolerated no matter what time of day it is taken.
4. When can I expect to see results while using new CREATINE SELECT™?
Ingredients in new CREATINE SELECT™ have been found to produce effects according to the timetables indicated below:
a. Absorption: Studies suggest that the maximum absorption of 10 grams of CrH2O occurs within 2 hours. One serving of CREATINE SELECT™ contains 5 grams of CrH2O and therefore may be expected to achieve maximum absorption even sooner.
b. Increases in muscle strength and power: Within 5-30 days of supplementation.
c. Increases in lean (e.g. muscle) mass: Within 6 days of supplementation.
d. Reductions in fat mass (body fat): Within 6 days of supplementation.
e. Myonuclei per muscle fiber: Within 4 seeks of supplementation.
f. Mean muscle fiber area: Within 4 weeks of supplementation.
g. Insulin sensitivity: Increases in insulin sensitivity may occur immediately following supplementation and last up to 12 hours if not longer.
h. Mental function: Studies have found that increases in intelligence tests scores and working memory are possible during 6 weeks of supplementation.
5. Can I stack new CREATINE SELECT™ with UP-LIFT™?
Yes. One of the reasons that UP-LIFT™ is creatine-free is so that it can be stacked with other supplements containing creatine, such as CREATINE SELECT™. Users of both products may experience a synergy between their respective ingredients that results in even greater workout performance and gains in muscle mass, strength, power and reductions in fat mass.
6. If I don’t perform resistance exercise, can I still benefit from using new CREATINE SELECT™?
CREATINE SELECT™ is capable of providing you with benefits (e.g. increases in total body mass, mental function) whether or not you currently exercise. However, you can expect far greater benefits when using it as a supplement to a calorically-appropriate diet and a regular program of exercise. Because resistance exercise is more efficient at stimulating muscle protein synthesis, you can expect greater gains in muscle mass, strength, shape, tone and definition when using CREATINE SELECT™ while performing this type of exercise.
7. What are the benefits of supplementing my diet with new CREATINE SELECT™ over the short and long term?
New CREATINE SELECT™ contains ingredients that published scientific studies suggest may safely promote (where ↑ = “increase” and ↓ = “decrease”)*:
↑ plasma creatine (>15-fold)
↑ muscle creatine and phosphocreatine (up to 40%)
↑ muscle carnosine (up to 40%)
↑ plasma and erythrocyte phosphate
↑ mitochondrial function
↑ ATP resynthesis
↑ delay of muscle failure
↓ sensations of fatigue
↑ muscle force
↑ muscle shortening velocity
↑ muscle mean and peak power
↑ anaerobic work capacity (up to 3x more than with creatine alone)
↑ total lifting volume (>25%)
↑ lifting repetitions (>20%)
↑ lean body mass (1-2 lb)
↑ muscle cross-sectional area (size) (within 6 days)
↓ fat mass (body fat) (within 6 days)
↑ maximal oxygen uptake
↑ muscle cell hydration
↑ insulin sensitivity (immediate effects)
↑ glucose disposal
↑ blood glucose control
↑ antioxidant protection
↑ cognitive function
↑ positive mood (anti-depressive action)
8. Is new CREATINE SELECT™ safe for people with medical conditions?
In scientific studies, CrH2O has been given to healthy subjects as well as subjects suffering from a variety of medical conditions. Nevertheless, it is advised that you discuss CREATINE SELECT™ with your medical doctor before using if you have a medical condition, or if you are currently unaware of your health status.
9. Is new CREATINE SELECT™ safe if you are trying to become pregnant, or are currently pregnant or nursing?
Discuss CREATINE SELECT™ with your medical doctor before using if you are trying to become pregnant, or are currently pregnant or nursing.
10. Can CREATINE SELECT™ be used during preparation for a bodybuilding competition? What about a fitness or figure competition?
Yes. Bodybuilders, fitness and figure competitors need to hold onto as much of their muscle mass as possible while burning fat. This is one of the potential benefits of using CREATINE SELECT™. Many Beverly customers stack CREATINE SELECT™ with 7-KETO MUSCLEAN™ and LEAN OUT™ in order to increase calorie burning, enhance fat loss and prevent the retention of water under the skin.
Contact our customer service team for help in developing your ideal bodybuilding or shaping stack. Contact information is provided below.
11. I’m not a “spring chicken” anymore. I just turned 52. What kind of benefits can new CREATINE SELECT™ provide me with?
The ability to gain muscle mass, strength and endurance, reduce fat mass, and improve cognitive function are things of interest to the young and old. Particularly as we age, we find it difficult to preserve muscle mass and functionality. The same can be said for our mental state. Ingredients found in CREATINE SELECT™ have been found to reverse these signs of aging. For a full list of potential benefits, see question 7, above.
12. Where is new CREATINE SELECT™ made?
CREATINE SELECT™ was formulated and tested by Beverly’s R&D scientists at the Beverly International Nutrition head office in Cold Spring, Kentucky. Each ingredient has been selected based on studies published in publicly-accessible databases such as those made available by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).